What to expect at your next visit.
For your safety and the safety of AIP and their families
- Please make every effort to enter the office alone. We are following social distancing rules and limiting the number of people in the reception room. Family members and accompanying guests can wait in the reception room
- Confirmation calls, texts and emails will include a reminder for you to bring your personal masks to the office and if you are sick to call and reschedule the appointment.
- If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms list on the next page, please call. I truly want to avoid having to ask you to go home. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- The reception area chairs will be arranged approximately 6 feet apart to ensure social distancing.
- I-pads, coffee makers, water dispensers and magazines have been removed or are unavailable.
- Tissues, no touch trash cans and hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the office.
- Handshakes and hugs are no longer permissible. An elbow or foot bump, a bow or a Star Trek Vulcan Hand greeting will be allowed.
- Tape will be placed on the rugs in front of the check in (Kim) and check out (Jackie) stations at a distance of 6+ feet.
- Please stay socially distanced and please wear your mask at all times.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed between patients and Kim and Jackie at the check in and check out stations.
Patient Office Entry Steps
- A Disinfection Station will be located in the entry foyer to the office.
- STEP 1: Place your coat on the coat hooks at entry
- STEP 2: Disinfect your hands using alcohol wash on the table
- STEP 3: Put on your mask. If you do not have it, one will be provided by AIP.
- STEP 4: Fill out the PATIENT ADVISORY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT form unless you already did this online
SYMPTOMS: Have you had any of the following within the last 5 days:
- Fever or chills
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Unusual fatigues
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- STEP 5: Check in with Kim with your form, wearing your mask. Hand Kim the filled-out PATIENT ADVISORY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.
- STEP 6: If your answers are NO to all of the COVID-19 questions then the clinician will see you.
- STEP 7: If one or more answers are YES to the COVID-19 questions, then we may need to reschedule.
Below is a link to a CDC calculator that will guide you if you have been exposed to someone with COVID if you have COVID.
Cleanliness has always been our top priority.
We have always followed CDC, ADA AND OSHA Infection Control and Sterilization Protocols.
We are now adding additional measures to our protocols.
- All staff having direct contact with patients, i.e. exams, will be wearing additional personal protective equipment consisting of a Level 3 surgical mask, safety glasses, a surgical hat and gloves whenever treating a patient.
- For treatment procedures that generate aerosols or splatter, i.e. cleanings, surgery, implants, a gown and a face shield (new) will be worn by the clinician in addition to the personal protective equipment mentioned above.
- When verbally interviewing a patient, gloves can be omitted until the oral exam portion begins.
- Patients will now gargle 30-60 seconds with a pre-rinse mouthwash.
- A protocol may be instituted that does not allow the doctor to leave the room in which they are working and check a hygiene patient.
- New: High Volume Suction plus the Saliva Ejector will be used to limit aerosols.
- HEPA filtering units occupy every room.
- Hypochlorous 20 micron solution spray is used to disinfect the air.
- Unique Air Ionizers developed in Sweden will be in place. These have been scientifically proven in the peer reviewed Journal “NATURE” to kill 97% of viruses from the air.
Floor Standing Air Ionizers shown here